iNiTiAl complies with the European regulation on protection of privacy. That includes compliance with European Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data (General Data Protection Regulation; hereinafter referred to as ‘GDPR’), as well as the amendment of national laws to bring them into line with this European regulation.
iNiTiAl acts as controller for personal data collected via the website, which means that iNiTiAl is the organisation responsible for the processing of your personal data obtained via the website (via cookies, contact forms, registry forms, job application forms, etc.) or via the e-mail addresses provided on the website.
2. Personal data
The personal data you share with us, are:
- The details you enter on our Website (via contact form / applications / registration form / etc.);
- The personal data you provide directly / indirectly when sending an e-mail to one of the e-mail addresses mentioned on our Website;
- Those that are collected by the cookies that are used (see below)
3. Purpose of processing
iNiTiAl will only use the collected personal data for one of more of the following purposes (depending on which service or functionality you use):
- If you contact us via the form on the website, your personal data will be used for dealing with and answering your questions or complaints;
- If you apply for a job using the form on the site, your personal data will be used for processing your application;
- If you fill in the Registry we will use your personal information for considering your participation in future activities;
- Cookies will be used for understanding how visitors use the site in order to improve the website and the services of iNiTiAl.
- Only when you have given your consent by providing your email address, your personal data will be used for sending newsletters. These newsletters can contain information about our products and their development, about new products and services, etc .
You are not obliged to give us your personal data, but you need to understand that it is impossible to provide certain services if you refuse to allow the processing.
4. Transfer of personal data
iNiTiAl will not sell, rent, distribute or make your personal data available in some other commercial way to third parties, except with your prior consent.
In the context of the intended purposes and the mediums used (Website / email), data can be transferred to third parties or third parties may occasionally have access to your personal data in order to provide the necessary support services. All companies providing such support services are required to apply the same standards of protection and cannot use your personal data for their own purposes.
The personal data provided through the registry form can be shared with one of the partners iNiTiAl is working with.
In all cases, iNiTiAl tries to limit the transfer to the minimum. If personal data needs to be transferred outside the European Economic Area, iNiTiAl ensures that the level of protection of personal data is guaranteed. iNiTiAl shall ensure that adequate safeguards, as required under applicable data protection legislation, will be implemented (including, notably, the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses, as applicable).
In rare cases, it may happen that iNiTiAl may have to disclose your personal data to comply with a court order or other binding legislation. iNiTiAl will make reasonable efforts to inform you in advance, unless this is subject to legal restrictions.
5. Security of personal data
iNiTiAl has implemented a variety of organisational and technical security measures to protect your data against destruction, loss, falsification, (unauthorised) modification, unauthorised access or unauthorized processing. In addition, care is taken to prevent inadvertent disclosure to third parties.
For instance, we store your Personal Data on servers that have various types of technical and physical access controls, we also ensure that only the necessary persons have access to your personal data, that access to your personal data is protected and that our security measures are regularly audited. If you wish to receive more information about the measures taken, please send an e-mail to HR@ocas.technology.
6. Duration of the processing
iNiTiAl will retain your Personal Data only for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy.
As an exception, iNiTiAl may be required to retain your Personal Data for longer periods as required or permitted by law, or as necessary to protect its rights and interests. In such a case, you will be informed of the intended retention period in the applicable Privacy Notice.
Some cookies are deleted when you close your browser. They are known as session cookies. Others remain on your device until they expire or until you delete them. They are called permanent cookies and enable certain information about your use to be recalled when you return to the website.
7.2. Different types of cookie
A distinction is made between functional cookies, which are technically necessary for the operation of the website, and non-functional cookies, which are not necessary for the operation of the website (such as tracking cookies, marketing cookies, etc.). iNiTiAl is required by law to obtain your consent for all types of cookies that are placed other than those that are “necessary”.
iNiTiAl uses the following types of cookies:
- Necessary cookies (functional)
- Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
- Analytical/statistical cookies (non-functional)
- Analytical cookies collect information on how visitors use the website and the performance of the website. Using the results, the website can be improved and visitors have a better user experience.
- The analytical cookies are provided by Google Analytics, iNiTiAl has chosen to anonymise the concerned personal data before passing on to Google. This is to avoid unnecessary transfer of your personal data.
- Marketing cookies (non-functional)
- Marketing cookies track the surfing behaviour of website visitors and put together a user profile based on that behaviour. That profile is used to make the surfing experience more personal and, for example, to display personal offers, advertisements, newsletters and the like that correspond to your interests.
7.3. Refusing or deleting cookies
When you visit our website for the first time, you will be informed this site uses functional cookies at the pop-up screen. (SEE cookie consent banner proposal below). By visiting the Website, only the functional cookies will be installed on your device.
If you do not want our website to install cookies on your browser, you can disable cookies on the cookie settings page, delete them or modify your browser settings. Disabling cookies may mean that you will be unable to use certain functionality of the Website. Do you want to modify the cookie settings anyway? Then you can find the instructions for various browsers here:
8. Your rights
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Right of access: you are entitled to have access to your personal data, as well as to the use that iNiTiAl is making of your personal data. Upon request, you may receive a copy of your personal data, unless such data is made directly available to you, for instance within your personal account.
- Right to correct: you have the right to ask us to correct or supplement your personal data in case your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure: you have the right to ask us to delete your personal data in the situations set forth by applicable law. You acknowledge that if you request the deletion of personal data, some services and products will no longer be able to be supplied.
- Right to restriction: you may also request to restrict the processing of your personal data in the situations set forth by applicable law.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where your Personal Data has been collected and processed based on legitimate interests of iNiTiAl. In this case you will need to justify your request by explaining to us your particular situation. In addition, you always have the right to object to the use of personal data for direct marketing purposes; in such case, you do not have to justify your request.
- Right of data portability: you have the right to obtain your personal data that are processed by us in a structured, accessible, machine-readable form and/or to have them transferred to another organisation responsible for processing.
- Right to withdraw consent: When processing is based on your prior consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent. If you wish to no longer receive newsletters, you can unsubscribe by following the instructions provided in the e-mail.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us, either via the contact form on the website, or by mail HR@ocas.technology.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Belgian Data Protection Authority: Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels, tel +32 (0)2 274 48 00, e-mail: email@example.com or https://www.dataprotectionauthority.be/.